Over the last few years I have written many stories and made money selling them to readers all over the world. I have also learned a few things. Here’s a short list of what I’ve learned:
- Great books will not sell themselves.
- Strong marketing will sell crappy books.
- No matter how bad you think a book is, many will love it.
- No matter how good you think a book is, many will hate it.
- Never underestimate the ability of a reader to enjoy the same plot over and over and over.
- A particular genre or theme is never “over” when “experts” claim it is.
- The system is designed to be gamed.
- There are many authors and publishers with lower ethical standards than you.
- No one cares if you are broke; raise money and have your book edited.
- Some people are too nice to tell you your cover sucks ass.
- Anything other people tell you not to do has already been done… in a best selling book.
Welcome to my fiction blog. This is where you can find information about me, my books, and my other interests. I have been writing stories for many years. I primarily write science fiction and fantasy, but I also have stories published in other genres. You can find my books on Amazon. If you would like to hear about new releases and giveaways, you can sign up for my newsletter. It comes out a few times a year. If you are on Twitter, feel free to follow me.
In honor of my first science fiction convention of the year, MarsCon, I’m giving away eBook copies of Alpha Male, which is an action-packed, dark, paranormal novelette.
They meet in a graveyard, each dealing with a terrible loss. Silas is bleeding and talking to a dead girl. Melanie is crying and running her fingers over Gary’s headstone. A secret organization is chasing her. She has a gift they need. And another group, known as The Sirens, is working on a weapon that will change everything.
Get Kindle version
Get Nook version
Thanks for reading! If you want to check out my other work, click here.